Buying a phone that has been refurbished can be one of the best ways to cut costs on expensive electronics whilst still getting your hands on the latest tech. However, many consumers can be wary when buying a refurbished mobile. Well, we have created this post to help answer the most common questions people have and help put your mind at ease.
What does refurbished even mean?
In short, a refurbished phone is a phone that has either been returned or traded in. This then gets tested, repaired and then graded to be resold.
The longer answer… refurbished phones are different to pre-owned phones in that refurbished phones forgo strict testing and quality control to ensure the device meets certain requirements and standards before being sold to you.
Whether you call it refurbished, pre-owned, pre-loved, second hand or used you can rest assured knowing that ALL mobile phones that we sell here at PhoneHub are thoroughly tested.
What are the pros and cons of buying a refurbished mobile phone?
Let’s take a look at some of the main pros and cons of buying a refurbished phone.
- The price. Refurbished phones can be up to 30% less than the new price, so for the cost-conscious consumer, this is a huge attraction.
- No strings attached. When you buy a refurbished device from PhoneHub its contract-free meaning you can grab the best Sim-only contract, which is typically cheaper than your average 24-month new-phone deal.
- Help the planet. Buying a refurbished phone from PhoneHub will not only save you money but it will help the planet as its one less device being recycled.
- Flexibility. One of the beautiful benefits of buying a refurbished phone is that you can choose if it’s unlocked to all networks. This means you can shop for better Sim contracts and it means that you can switch your phone whenever you fancy as you aren’t tied in.
- Protection. All devices that we sell come with a 6-month warranty to help put your mind at ease.
- It’s not new. Whilst you could be getting the newest phone at the lowest prices there is no hiding the fact that refurbished phones aren’t brand new. Not to worry, you can still get that “unboxing” feeling as here at PhoneHub we send every phone boxed with accessories.
- Cosmetic wear. If a phone isn’t brand new its unlikely to be perfect and can have the odd blemish on the casing.
- Behind the trend. If you like to be at the forefront of new technology then buying a refurbished device may not be for you as you will typically have to wait before you can buy the latest phones.
Before you buy
Before you decide to buy make sure you chose the whats best for you. Do your research, do you need the latest model or will its predecessor work just as well? At PhoneHub we sell a whole range of devices enabling you to choose what suits you from model, condition, colour and price.
So if you know what you are looking for then head on over to our range of phones here.